Since 1937, Hartselle Utilities and the Tennessee Valley Authority have generated and delivered low-cost, reliable power to the people and businesses in and around Hartselle.
It’s an honor that we don’t take lightly. You expect the power to be on when you need it, and we aim to deliver. But more than that, we live and work here, too. You’ll see us at the local grocery store, church and ball fields.
Most likely, getting your electricity – and other utilities – from a local, publicly owned company isn’t something you think about often, and that’s the way it should be. We’re honored to power your life so you can focus on the important things.
Here are just a few of the benefits of Public Power:
- We play a key role in the local economy – and partner to provide good jobs to folks who live right here in our community.
- Our managers and board members come from the community we serve. Together, we make decisions with Hartselle in mind!
- We love giving back through involvement with schools and community organizations.
- Because we live here, we want to see our community grow and thrive. We work with partners to attract businesses that bring jobs and opportunities to our community.
- Our daily work is delivering power to you, but our employees also volunteer with community and school groups.
- Local utilities work together to restore power when major storms hit our area.
- We keep the cost of power as low as possible so you can focus on living life to the fullest.
- Our resources come from the rates you pay. We appreciate that fact and we are committed to using those resources wisely to keep the power flowing and our communities strong.
- Public power means we are focused on delivering reliable, efficient service today, tomorrow and for the years to come.
- You expect the lights to come on when you flip the switch. We don’t take that lightly.
- You expect your power to be on rain or shine. That’s our goal – but when it does go out, we work as quickly and safely as possible to restore it.
- Part of using our resources wisely means investing in the people, technology, and equipment needed to keep reliability high and rates as low as possible.