Hartselle Utilities provides electric power, drinking water, natural gas, and wastewater services to residential, commercial and industrial customers in and around the City of Hartselle.
Hartselle Utilities is currently seeking excellent candidates to fill a Meter Reading position in our Customer Service Department. This Meter Reader position is responsible for manually reading electric, natural gas, and water meters throughout the HU service area. Hartselle Utilities does not currently offer smart meters (AMI); therefore, all meters must be visually read by our meter reading team each month. This job requires exceptional attention to detail and a solid background working with computer software and handheld electronics. Our meter routes must be read daily, which requires work in all weather conditions; cold, heat, rain, and snow. This job requires a valid drivers license and excellent driving record in order to be insured as a driver for our company.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
• Possess a high school diploma or GED.
• Previous work experience as meter reader or route experience is preferred.
• Possess a current and valid driver’s license and must be insurable.
• Ability to successfully complete Operator Qualification Training (OQT) modules and associated field evaluations applicable to this position.
• Completion of CPR/First Aid training acceptable to HU.
• Ability to travel as needed for work or training.
• Ability to work nonstandard work hours as required.
• Ability to pass a pre-employment background check and random drug screenings.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package. To apply, please click here to complete the online application and upload your resume and letter of interest/cover letter.
Hartselle Utilities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug Free Workplace.