A Message from the Hartselle Fire Department: Be Safe With Fireworks

Never let kids use fireworks without a responsible adult nearby. Firecrackers and rockets are too dangerous for children to handle. If you give kids sparklers, make sure they keep them outside and away from the face, clothing, and hair. Sparklers can reach 1,200°F and cause 3rd-degree burns.

If not handled properly, all fireworks can cause burns and eye injuries in kids and adults. The best way to protect your family is not to use any fireworks at home — period. Attend public fireworks displays, and leave the lighting to the professionals.