Residential customers with unusually high utility bills will be offered the opportunity to pay these bills over a period of up to four months under the following conditions:
1. During the month of the high bill, customer must pay an amount equal to the 12 month average bill plus a minimum of 1/4 of the difference between the 12 month average bill and the amount of the high bill.
2. During the next three months the customer must pay an amount that will bring the account current.
3. If service is disconnected for non-payment, the customer must pay all amounts due plus any disconnect fees before service is restored.
4. A high utility bill is one that exceeds 175% of the customer’s average bill for the previous 12 month period.
5. The customer will be required to execute an agreement.
For more information, call Hartselle Utilities at (256) 773-3340 or send an email to Customer Service Manager Terri Harris at email@example.com.